Alewya Demmisse has established herself as a vocalist-songwriter, producer, and visual artist. Her multifaceted approach is the result of viewing a local mosque, living in Goldhawk Road’s Moroccan community, and African friends. She has also modeled for DKNY. She was discovered by Cara Delevingne while dancing in the film Kids In Love, directed by her friend Chris Foggin. Alweya worked with Women Management (New York) and Storm Model Management (London). She has appeared on the Runway for DKNY.
Alewya’s Biography, Wiki
Alewya is a London-raised musician who was influenced by Ethiopian and Arabic sounds. She was born in Saudi Arabia and immigrated to London with her family as refugees when she was five years old.
Alewya began exploring music and art at the age of thirteen, when she created her first music track, Sweating, which has had more than 2.1 million views since its release on 25 June 2020.
Alewya’s Age, Height, Songs
Alweya Demmisse, born in 1994, is 27 years old as of January 2021. She has a stunning height of 5 feet 9 inches. Alweya Demmisse has released her first song, Sweating, on her Youtube channel in the last week of June 2020. The road is intimidating; it has more than 2.1 million views. She admires Little Simz as a person, and they’ve also worked together on her song “Where’s My Lighter.”
Some Facts About Alewya
- Alewyya (whose name means “the greatest in Ethiopia” in Amharic) is a well-known model, singer-songwriter, producer, and visual artist. She was born in Saudi Arabia to an Egyptian father who grew up in Sudan and an Ethiopian mother.
- Alweya Demmisse is a 27-year-old born in 1994, who moved to West London with her entire family when she was five. She has a height of 5 feet 9 inches. Currently, she lives in New York City with her closest pals Adwoa Aboah and Binx Walton.
- Alweya Demmisse was discovered by Cara Delevingne while dancing in the film Kids in Love, directed by her friend Chris Foggin. Alweya has modeled for Women Management (New York) and Storm Model Management (London). She previously strutted down the runway for DKNY.
- Alweya’s first music track, Sweating, was released in the last week of June 2020. She has worked with Little Simz on her song “where’s my lighter,” as well as Honey Dijon and Breakage on remixes for “Sweating.” Always is active on Instagram with over 25.9K followers.
- She enjoys Math, as well as singing and modeling. She likes to tackle math challenges and introduce herself as a Math Whiz.